Friday, March 5, 2010

umm...

What was I thinking?


Holy crap, what a stupid idea!


I even read about NOT doing this...


Walnut...

Tung Oil...

Shellac...


Hell, forget the first two, I've heard; never brush shellac on furniture.


crap...



he whole of last week (with the exception of the culmination and completion of a major in-house exhibit in honor of the 85th anniversary of Balto, yea, I'm sure you know, but seriously, come on down. I managed to get a ton of hand-tool work in... big 14/4 cedar, rather twisted with age, rings like a bell when you rap it, easy to plane, still moves when sawn. Lots of big lap and through tenon joints, married to miters, and a few I just made up, several (REALLY cool ones) that got covered up or otherwise wiped out. Wish I could still see them all.) was spent at work



Then I come home...


220...

nope.

1000...

nope.

400...

hmmm...

maybe.


oh yea, now we got progress...



well, why not a rag soaked in alcohol?


I knew about that one, but I really like the amber of the soaked in shellac.


So it changes yet again, it actually matches the piece from Arielle's dad,

maybe I just keep going.


I really don't want to sand anymore, I hate sanding to begin with, which is why I own all those planes, um...


yea...


so back to sanding...


crap...

do you know what your limit is before sand paper is no longer a viable commercial product?

try sanding shellac over tung oil for a week...


you will know...


oh yes...


you WILL know.

No comments:

Post a Comment