Monday, September 26, 2011

end

they may be small but I made 'em!


So this is how it feels



to carry something for nine months,
every waking moment in awe and wonder
and fear and whatever else you might assign to its despicable yet haunting existence
the light of day only a footstep outside your understanding
a glimmer in the distance

these dovetails will NEVER come apart


when it's over that's it




it's just over



why does it have to be?



funny thing is, when one project ends, another begins




the former piece of furniture was lovely 
beautifully made, exquisitely finished
but so completely wrong for the room I'm (oh so freaking) slowly creating



as it was relocated to a more appropriate part of the house, I decided to check what was under the carpet




mmmm oak
unfinshed oak
oh man




lucky for me dewaxed shellac and  water based poly's are quick, easy, and durable
hey look, a new floor!
thanks, Arielle, for being understanding of my obsession




so here it is, a new room




sans paint
and a stepback




and some new moulding
and the table I started two years ago
and the other three chairs




oh crap

No comments:

Post a Comment