Saturday, March 31, 2012

work


Oh there are days


yesterday for example, no amount of self-inflicted personal growth counseling could force me to work in the shop
not to say I did nothing
just not in the shop


whereas today, I couldn’t step away
transfixed on the goal


it’s just steps away from assembly, the order preordained by its design, modules which must be assembled before smoothing and finishing


however, other components must be smoothed and finished before assembly


it’s always my least anticipated part of the process but the one which yields the greatest rewards


and I’m not going to go on with this tirade. you’ve read it countless times on your way to this post, finishing sucks


all fours sides are in place

mistake #300451: see if you can guess
all the stretchers joined


the elevators (what else do I call them) are chamfered and sanded


only the drawer components need to be fabricated and I’d be stupid to do that before the entire table is assembled and glued


I hate not being able to work on the drawer


like having cake with no icing


conversely, that will be dessert

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I admire your woodworking skills! :)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Monica, I'm proud to have earned such skills!

    ReplyDelete