Monday, March 7, 2011

persevere


Houston, we have a carcace


once again I fall into despair, I could have done all this with butt joints and screws!

but then again, these would never have happened


the front stretchers are ready


and it looks like it'll work, my tirade from the last post has subsided only to be replaced by other nagging thoughts


why is it plumb and square on one end and a sixteenth off on the other, all the joinery is taken from its corresponding mate, it should be absolutely perfect!

why did my plow driver plow my yard and not my drive today

how am I going to cut a five by five pegged mitered bridle joint and not have to pair the inside

with one damn big saw that's how!


and let's not forget to refer to my previous post "to the line"


this is a monster cut


starting at an acute corner with a thick bladed rip filed carcace saw and begin the kerf, a little aimng up and along the closest line, then down along the farthest, bring it even to join the two and any irregularities at the top can be shaved off with a markng knife, when it's right on both sides and everything's running smoothly in between, it's time for the big guns


and I wondered why I bought an eighteen inch four pound tenon saw


the real trick is to remember which side of the line to cut on


and once again, practice really does count in this adventure


almost bottoming out


If everything is marked well and the line just disappears under the blade it should fit together fine



No comments:

Post a Comment