Monday, September 16, 2013

anarchist


 thanks Mr. Schwarz
you've seriously done me in this time


 I got it into my head that I really needed just a small project to bring me out of my slump
no matter that I just did a ninety hour work week and would see a sixty on the near horizon


 forty year old  birdseye maple
they were making window framing out of this back then
it could not just end up in the dumpster


 I can get two squares from this piece
only two


 I decided to go for the original design; mortice and tennon
and I had recently acquired an eighth inch sash mortice chisel


 hmm, maybe antiques aren't all up to snuff


 I braved through the rest with a bench chisel and can say it's not nearly as much fun as it is with a pig sticker


 yup, that looks like anarchy to me


 simply planed this wood is stunning, the figure is tiny and abundant


 and I'm trying to learn all my molding profiles





2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so relieving to just create something instead of analyzing it. It's a great way to work out the funk so to speak. Looks good.

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! I agree, fifteen minutes a day sure beats therapy! And thanks:)

      Delete