Sunday, March 2, 2014

respite


When the cat can no longer see the bird
it's time to get out of Cleveland


to Sir Richard Branson's private home; Necker Island
and the antithesis to my own work


one piece of wood, no joinery





left to fend for itself and create art in its wake



and I come back to reality
and the table
the weather has begun to relax
a little here, a little there, but the iron no longer sticks to my skin


this joint has plagued me since the beginning
I kept over thinking it, trying to make it more than it needs to be


maximum long grain glue surface






no frills


tight


ok maybe one little peek of the joinery:)


and just like that one half of the base is joined





already the curves speak


I can always dream


2 comments:

  1. Hey Carl,

    Do you plan on keeping the joint exposed on the underside of the table? If so, cool hidden gem for furniture geeks.

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete